meetings are on Saturday, July 12th!
CCL meetings are generally held all across the
U.S.A. and Canada on the first Saturday of each month, but due to
the 4th of July holiday weekend, the July meetings will be on July 12th.
Each month, a notable speaker on a topic related to climate change speaks to
the CCL meetings all across
the USA and Canada by phone conference call.
Guest speaker for the July 12th call will be Dr. Katherine Hayhoe, Direcctor
of the Climate Science Center at
Texas Tech University.
Dr. Hayhoe and her husband Rev. Andrew Farley are co-authors of "A Climate
for Change: Global Warming Facts
for Faith-Based Decisions". You can see a 3 minute video by Katherine Hayhoe titled "Climate Change Evangelist" here.
Time magazine recently named Dr. Hayhoe as one of the 100 most influential people in the world, for her work bridging
the gap on climate change between scientific and religious communities.
On Saturday July 12th, these are the CCL meeting locations across Minnesota....
* Linden Hills Park building, 43rd & Xerxes in Minneapolis (starts 11:30)
* Eden Prairie Library, 565 Prairie Center Drive, in Eden Prairie (starts 11:30)
* Plymouth Library, 15700 36th Ave. N. in Plymouth (no meeting in Maple Grove or Wayzata) - starts 11:30
* Alexandria - send email by Friday night to email@example.com for information about the location
* Dakota County will meet at Open Circle Church, 2400 Highland Drive in Burnsville (starts at 9 am)
* Edina Library, 5280 Grandview Square in Edina (starts at 12 noon)
* Morris, at the U of M-Morris Welcome Center, Main Floor (starts at 11:45)
* Stillwater, at Stillwater City Hall Training Room, 216 Fourth Street N (enter from library parking lot) - starts at 11:45
* Northfield, at the Masonic Center basement Social Hall - corner of West 2nd St & Linden (starts at 11:45) - use
the parking lot entrance off 2nd Street
* St Paul, at the Macalester College Campus Center, 1600 Grand Ave, 2nd floor (starts 11:45)
The Duluth/Two Harbors
chapter will meet on Tuesday evening July 15, at 7 pm at 133 Third Av S in
The Bemidji chapter is taking a break for the summer, and will meet again in September.
*Hank Paulson, Treasury Secretary under Pres. George W. Bush from 2006 to 2009, in a commentary titled
"The Coming Climate Crash" which appeared in the New York Times on 6/21/2014.
* Four Republican ex-Administrators of the EPA
* An anonymous
Republican Congressional staffperson
* Fox News commentator John Stossel (even tho in the same interview he says "the climate argument is absurd").
* The London School of Economics...."a uniform global price on carbon would be an ideal tool to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
sharply in a cost-effective way, based on the principle that the "polluter pays".
* And "more than two dozen of the nation's largest corporations, including five major oil companies" are building it into their plans!
The Carbon Fee and Dividend Act
The science is clear - climate change is real, it's
serious and it's being caused mostly by humans burning fossil fuels.
And, it's clear that if we don't take strong action ASAP to reduce fossil
fuel use, climate change will have terrible impacts on the lives of our
children and grand children later this century.
At Citizens Climate Lobby, we believe that our national policy on climate change should be a match for the science. Toward that end, we offer the following legislation that will achieve the critical goals needed to avert catastrophic climate change. We believe this legislation can achieve these goals while at the same time shielding Americans from the financial impact of transitioning to a clean-energy economy. Our volunteers are bringing this proposal to their members of Congress. If you would like to take our legislation to your member of Congress, please get in touch and we'll be happy to support your efforts. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Citizens Climate Lobby at the national organization's
Or see CCL Executive Director Mark Reynolds explain the Fee & Dividend proposal on the Thom Hartmann show here...
Did you know that many top Republican economic advisers support a carbon
See what they're saying here!
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens Climate Lobby, a relatively new, fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with 60 chapters across the United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. James Hansen, head of Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA